Fitzroy Basin Association, 2011–12
The Fitzroy Basin is Australia’s second-biggest river basin.
FLOW, which opened in 2012 in Rockhampton’s heritage-listed old post office, shows how the basin works, and celebrates how people are managing its natural resources sustainably.
What we did:
- worked with the Fitzroy Basin Authority to identify audiences and key messages
- developed the interpretive strategy
- came up with the interpretive concepts and exhibits (including interactive layered maps and a record-your-own-story kiosk) and worked with Brandi Projects to implement them
- interviewed locals
- researched and wrote the content for interpretive panels
- selected images
- selected videos for 4 screens
- developed a snakes-and-ladders game for children