International Congress of Human Genetics, 2006
Contracted by the Human Genetics Society of Australasia, we:
- promoted the congress as the foremost meeting of the world human genetics community
- liaised with individual journalists and media outlets’ chiefs of staff
- wrote media releases and alerts, highlighting new and important research and emphasising the relevance of genetics and genomics to people’s everyday lives
- held media conferences at the venue
- achieved high coverage nationally and internationally of new genetics research and managed two controversial stories which required extensive liaison between researchers and journalists
The outcome: Extensive national and international coverage of how new genetic research affects people’s everyday lives. We prepared and researched 5 of the 12 stories put over the AAP news wire.
Download the media kit (PDF 1.5 MB).