The biennial International Water Association World Water Congress & Exhibition attracts about 6000 water professionals from 90 countries.
We were contracted to provide international media support and develop a social media campaign for the 6-day event held in Busan, Korea, in September.
We held a launch media conference in Seoul in April, and media conferences on 4 days during the event.
We established and led the Twitter and Facebook conversations.
- We recorded around 160 media reports about the event, including coverage in Korean national media and international media.
- More than 100 journalists registered to attend the event.
- 1120 tweets were published with the event hashtag #iwa2012busan.
- At least 1525 tweets mentioned the event.
- Major TV news, radio and newspaper journalists attended the daily media conferences.
- Korean national TV and radio stations produced documentaries from the event, and interviewed key speakers and workshop presenters.
- Alison and Jenni experienced Typhoon Sanba which swept across southern parts of Korea during the opening days of the congress!