This practical workshop will help you to tailor your writing for specific readers.
You will do writing exercises and get lots of practical tips.
The workshop will help you to:
- distinguish good writing from bad writing
- understand what plain language is and isn’t
- think about and understand your readers
- write clearly and concisely with style
- structure your content to suit the reader and how they will read your document
- summarise your research for non-technical readers
- write for decision-makers, policymakers, journal editors, journalists and other specific groups
Our writing workshops are highly tailored to meet the specific needs of participants and their organisation.
We can run the workshop over 1 day, 2 days or 3 days.
The longer the workshop the more opportunities we have for including writing exercises and panel discussions, and for giving participants individual feedback on real working documents.
All workshops cover the following topics to different degrees:
- writing in plain English
- sentence-level techniques that will bring your writing to life
- identifying your readers and their needs
- crafting your messages
- choosing the right format for your document
- selecting content
- structuring your content
View the outline of a sample 2-day workshop.
Cost: 2-day workshop
Cost: 1-day workshop
We run our workshops all across Australia.
Workshops are normally run on a request-only basis.
Prices are fully inclusive of all our costs, regardless of location within Australia. Please ask us about running the workshop in other countries (we have previously run it in the Philippines, New Caledonia and Thailand).
We ask that your organisation arrange the venue and catering, and participant numbers.
We are happy to negotiate price for adapted workshop content/procedures.
Discounts can be negotiated if more than one workshop is run at the same location.
Contact us to discuss your needs.
On confirmation of your booking, you will need to pay a deposit of:
- $3000 (+ GST) for a 2-day workshop
- $2000 (+ GST) for a 1-day workshop
Should you cancel the workshop, we will refund your deposit, minus an administration fee of 10% of the total workshop cost.
If we have already incurred non-refundable costs, for example for flights and accommodation, we will also deduct these costs from your deposit.